In Comfy-Cozy Nest, Big Bird imagines his safe place inside. Here’s how to help kids do the same:
- Get Ready
- Sit down and get comfy.
- Close your eyes and take three deep breaths.
- Imagine a place in which you would feel safe and comfortable. It’s all yours.
- What do you see? What do you want to be there? What colors are those things? What do they feel like?
- Is there a person or an animal with you?
- Try to stay there even if you start thinking about other things. Keep coming back to your place. Take three deep breaths in your place.
- What do you smell? What do you hear?
- How do you feel, now that you’re there?
- How does your breathing feel? Fast or slow? Short or long?
- Stay here for as long as you like.
Launch Comfy-Cozy Nest
- Come Back Slowly
- When you are ready, cover your eyes with your hands.
- Then open your eyes. Spread your fingers out so a little light comes in.
- Now take your hands away. Here you are.
- You can return to your safe place whenever you need to.